As your birth doula, we offer non-judgmental emotional, physical, and informational support as you prepare for your birth and during labor. We help you explore the options available to you and fully support the decisions that you make about what is best for you. Some ways we can support you during labor include assistance with positions and water therapy, creating a calm space, support with relaxation and breathing, counter pressure and massage, encouragement and reassurance, and keeping you nourished…to name a few!
“Emily was a truly wonderful support to me and my husband during my labor. She has a very loving and reassuring presence, and I sincerely believe I could not have labored naturally as long as I did without Emily by my side. She is genuine, intuitive, professional, and very knowledgeable and my partner and I recommend her without hesitation to any soon-to-be parents!”
Want to find out if we’re the doulas for you? You can meet us during a complimentary consultation. In this meeting, we talk about what you are looking for in your labor support and you can get a feel for whether you think we’d be a good fit. Feel free to email us and we’ll send out some potential dates and times to meet!
Our Birth Doula Package Includes:
- Complementary consultation to see if we would be a good fit for your birth team
- Phone, text, and email support throughout pregnancy
- Personalized doula care to meet your needs and desires
- 2 prenatal meetings to go over your personal birth preferences, as well as different ways to cope with labor, relaxation techniques, and any questions you might have
- A folder with custom content and resources that parents have found helpful in preparing for labor and birth
- On-call doula support from week 38 of your pregnancy until your baby is born
- Physical, emotional, and informational support during labor and birth, and the first 1-2 hours postpartum.
- Photos of labor and just after birth on your camera if you wish
- 1 postpartum visit at the hospital or your home to ensure your new family is set-up and has all the resources you need for a successful start!
“Emily brought so much experience and wisdom to our pregnancy and labor. She helped us prepare for the birth by asking thoughtful questions, listening carefully to our hopes and values, and helping us form our birth preferences. She was continuously compassionate, knowledgable, and encouraging throughout the labor and birth, and my husband especially wanted to note what a huge help, comfort, and relief it was to have her continuously there. Emily made the experience much more enjoyable to us as first-time parents, and we highly recommend her!”